I would say the dynamic nature of this guide requires it to be online, unless
you want to make some sort of "update" feature.  Otherwise you would only be
downloading a snapshot.  And then comes into play creating and maintaing all
the various "snapshots" of this ever changing document.  IMHO, I would prefer
the PHP minds spend their time on making PHP better.
-Brad