> >There is already enough traffic on the list. Just use Reply-All if you
want
> >to include the list in your reply. This is how most lists I've seen are,
you
> >just have to get used to it.
>
> The way I see it, part of the point in a mailing list is for people with
> the same question to only have to ask once.  Replies not going to the
> list by default defeats this purpose.

Yeah, that is the point. And that happens, though, because people get in the
habit of using reply-all. Sometimes I don't want to send me answer to the
list, though, so it's convenient to be able to reply directly to the poster.
I find it very annoying when I can't reply directly to the sender and I have
to cut and paste addresses (like someone else mentioned) in order to email
them.

Even worse, but unrelated, is Outlook express's inability to reply to
postings that are made from the newsgroup... very annoying!

---John Holmes...