Hi Marek,

> Try executing phpinfo from u.php, run it once from the command line and
> once from the browser and check if they are nay different.

I added the function phpinfo() to u.php and ran u.php from the commandline
and then backticked `` it in test.php and called test.php from the browser.

The configure commands (commandline u.php and browser test.php) for both are
identical. but the result in the browser (test.php that executes u.php
internally) there is no mention of the section on 'mysql'. The following
section is non existant in the browser. Im stumped !!

<--- this is from phpinfo() [u.php] executed from command line ---->
mysql

MySQL Support => enabled
Active Persistent Links => 0
Active Links => 0
Client API version => 3.23.49
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE => builtin
MYSQL_SOCKET => /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE =>  MYSQL_LIBS =>
Directive => Local Value => Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent => On => On
mysql.connect_timeout => -1 => -1
mysql.default_host => no value => no value
mysql.default_password => no value => no value
mysql.default_port => no value => no value
mysql.default_socket => no value => no value
mysql.default_user => no value => no value
mysql.max_links => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode => Off => Off

Thank you and regards

gamin.