Hello,
    We have a free but still complicated solution for your needs.

    It's called Komplete Lite (the free version of one of our commercial
products) and it allows you to visually edit your menu and page content.

    See the demo of the full version at http://komplete.interakt.ro/

    The Lite version is due for release this weekend.

                    Alexandru

--
Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I have spent 3 days looking at various CMS and template systems and seem
> be getting nowhere.
>
> I have looked at smarty, webditpro, phpcms, typo3, phportal, sitemanager,
> phpnuke, easysite and many others and clever and comprehensive as many of
> them are they seem too complicated for my needs.
>
> I am not sure if I am missing the point of these programs and would
> appreciate if anyone thinks they can accomplish what I require.
>
> As an example I want to offer customised web pages to say 'Car dealers'.
>
> I want to offer a top,side and body frame and lead them through the
creation
> step by step.
> Step 1. Offer the top frame with color picker for background, or
background
> image then allow addition of text for dealer name address etc.
> Setp 2. Offer a selection of side bar buttons and styles. Most buttons
will
> be similar such as 'Abourt Us', 'Contact', 'Car search' ,Car list',
> 'Location' ,'Links' etc with some having pre defined actions ('search')
and