BTW,

This is one of the functions I use you might find it helpful in trimming
down your function.

function gen_password($length = 8) {

  $chars =
"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789";

  for($i = 0; $i < $length; $i++) {
    $x = rand(0, strlen($chars) -1);
    $password .= $chars{$x};
  }

  return $password;
}

> Hope this helps - I also hope anybody else is fairly gentle with their criticisms
> and pointers to whatever is wrong with the script - this is the first time I've
> ventured to include something like this in a response to an email on the list :-(

Peer review is the best way we can improve our programming. It is good
to post code so that we can all get a better understanding of better
techniques and tricks.

Regards,

AW

--
Abdul-Wahid Paterson

Lintrix Networking & Communications ltd.
Web: http://www.lintrix.net/
Tel: +44 7801 070621
Email/Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web-Hosting  |  Development  |  Security  |  Consultancy  |  Domains