WinMySQLAdmin has been discontinued, it is replaces by MyCC, also available
from the mysql web site.

Mike Hillyer

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Bakker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] MySQL qusetion

Hello,

I want have a Apache/PHP/MySQL configuration running on Win2000 (SP3). In my
website I have a file-upload page where uses can upload a file. The max size
of the upload has to be set in the mysql.ini file but I am not able to do
this.

I use winMySQLAdmin v1.4. When I add in the tab 'my.ini Setup' under
[mysqld] 'max_allowed_packet=8M' to increase the max allowed upload filesize
the corresponding value in the tab 'Variables' does not change (it stays at
the default value of 1048567). Also when I restart te server (using the same
winMySQLAdmintool) this value doesn't change.

Funny thing is that in tab 'Environment' under 'Uptime' the value doesn't
change - even after restarting the server.

Is this tool buggy?

Thanks,

Marc