a while ago we upgraded the php installations on our servers.  for a quick fix
we set register_globals to on for code compatibility.  Since then we have been
cleaning up code to eliminate this.  We likely still have some virtual hosts who
are using these globals though, so while we are wanting them to modify their
code, we wish to turn globals off for the rest of the server, and allow those
sites to be the exception to the rule.

Assumption is that adding a "php_admin_value register_globals on" to selected
virtual host containers in apache will allow that particular site access to the
globals while allowing the default (off) for the remainder of the sites.

Is the assumption correct?  Ramifications or caveats that should be considered?

Dave