Javascript? (I know it's generally horrible, but it's good for this sort of
thing)

Stick this in your <head>...</head>:

  <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--Begin
  var submitcount=0;
  function jsCheck() {
          if (submitcount == 0) {
             submitcount++;
             return true;
          } else {
             alert("This request has already been submitted, please wait
while it is processed.");
             return false;
  //End--></script>

And call it from your form like this:

<form name="myform" action="whatever" method="post" onSubmit="return
jsCheck()">

Voila.

HTH
Jon