Hi everyone,

I have ALMOST gotten this working (mySQL part works).

I have gotten the advice that this is easier to do in PHP then to try and make this query work in mySQL. Here is the query and a sampling of the current results (from phpMyAdmin)

SELECT p.fname, p.lname,
               w.web_link,
               a.dra_id,
               dra.area,
               t.title
FROM tbl_personnel p
LEFT JOIN tbl_personnel_weblinks w ON p.id = w.person_id
LEFT  JOIN tbl_personnel_dras a ON p.id = a.person_id
LEFT  JOIN tbl_dra dra ON a.dra_id = dra.id
LEFT  JOIN tbl_personnel_titles t ON p.id = t.person_id;

Because some of these people have multiple records in tbl_personnel_dras AND in tbl_personnel_titles - I get many repeats of each person (one for every combo). I was told this would be really messy to deal with in SQL (though I am open) - but I have no idea where to start in PHP. I would like to display the data to the web like:

fname lname
title(s) - (this would be the list of titles for this person)
Areas: area, area, area (this would be the list of areas in one place as opposed to making the record repeat)

Thank you for any help.

The above query returns something like this (the first set are the column names):

fname
lname
web_link
dra_id
area
title

Jeffrey
Whittle
NULL
NULL
NULL
Investigator

Jeffrey
Whittle
NULL
NULL
NULL
Staff Physician

Adam
Gordon
NULL
5
Mental Illness
Staff Physician

Adam
Gordon
NULL
5
Mental Illness
Assistant Professor of Medicine

Adam
Gordon
NULL
5
Mental Illness
Investigator, VISN4 Mental Illness Research, Educa...

Adam
Gordon
NULL
5
Mental Illness
Investigator, Center for Research on Health Care

Adam
Gordon
NULL
5
Mental Illness
Investigator

Adam
Gordon
NULL
8
Special (Underserved, High Risk) Populations