Just don't use PHP for sending the mail like that.

It's better to have the mailserver run the list management. Then you only
send one message to the server, and its distribution list system handles
the delivery of all the messages.

Depending on the mailserver, your PHP would then only have to need to deal
with sending corrections for the dist list.

All mailservers are designed to handle massive mail loads like that. A
HTTP server with PHP definitely ain't. Nomatter what kind of mail actions
you do, you should always try to keep them away from the HTTP and other
webservice servers. HTTP management is alot more complex than mail
handling, since the server has to deal with serving files while processing
requests. A mail server's job is usually done by just trotting through the
message from end to end ... which uses far less resources...

By using the mail listserver method, you also free up the HTTP server for
other tasks. It only has to generate the message once, and not n times...

HTH

Rene

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:20:39 -0500, Jason Jacobs wrote about "[PHP]
creating mailing list in php?" what the universal translator turned into
this:

--
Rene Brehmer

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

Come see! My brand new site is now online!
http://www.metalbunny.net