From: Iggy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 19:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: connecting to mysql db

hi,
I am trying to play and learn php along with mysql and I have a question
about connecting to a db.
Is the following code necessary on every php page where I am retrieving
some
data from a db or is there any way to connect once (something like
index.php) and have that connection open through subsequent pages?
the code
<?php
$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "", "")
        or die("Could not connect: " . mysql_error());
    print ("Connected successfully");

mysql_select_db("test")
        or die("Could not select database: " . mysql_error());
?>

thanx
iggy