Brad --

...and then Brad Wright said...
%
% Hi all,

Hi!

%
% can php call perl scripts?

Yep.  It can call anything, right?  So just call it like ls or du or any
other program.

%
% I know nothing of perl, but have found a perl script that will process a
% MSword document in a way that it seems php cannot.

Oooh!  Hey, what is it?  I'd love to see it.

%
% At this stage, my knowledge of perl is limited to "it's used in web stuff
% sometimes isnt it" :) but i am sure i will soon find a bit more about perl
% itself elsewhere from this list.

If you can speak php then you're already on your way to working with
perl.  Dive right in :-)

%
% Can i indeed use php to 'call' a perl script/function/app whatever its
% called?

Yep.  Check out the system() call in the manual; it also has pointers to
other calls.  You might even let Apache make the call for you and use
the virtual() function, depending on the output and what you want to do
with it.

%
% Cheers,
%
% Brad

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"