Hi,

I'm currently using a perl/CGI developed e-commerce/website management
tool which incorporates sessions (the ability to shop anywhere in the
site, not just in a shop), members, member management, rewards points,
mailing lists, statistics, and a complete separation of code and layout
(so that the same code can be reconfigured for a new client with maybe
only a day or hour of work).

It uses DB Files instead of a database.  It also uses a windows GUI,
which I want to replace with a web GUI for adding and deleting products,
making categories, etc etc, maybe tied in with an excell spreadsheet or
a windows based dbase.

The problem is, I didn't write the code, i'm only buying a license to
use it on each site, which is eating a bit chunk of my profit away.  On
top of that, the developer is looking at selling the code to someone
else soon, which will make it harder, if not impossible to get the code.
 So, before that happens, i'm looking into other options, including
writing new code, or extending pre-existing code.

So far I've been looking at pre-existing apps and code snippets
available at zend.com, but I'm hoping that some developers out there
either have an app, or have used/extended an app to suit their needs,
which they may be able to recommend.

Yes, I'm prepared to pay for decent code, it doesn't have to be free,
but I would have to spend a long time evaluating it before buying it.

At this stage (unless people advise me otherwise), I plan to use
FreeBSD, PHP4 and MySQL as the platform.

I'm not realy interested in anything that relies on javascript, java or
cookies to run (i'd preffer sessions and server-side calculations), and
i'd prefer something that is website based, not shop based (sessions can
be used site wide, etc etc).

Yeah yeah, I know I'm asking a lot :)

Has anyone got any recommendations, or maybe anyone in Australia want to
start developing one with me?

Kind Regards,

Justin French
Creative Director