Im running apache2, php4.3.1 on win32 and everything is dandy apart from the
fact that pg_connect won't connect to a server which requires encrypted
passwords.

I get:

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL
server: FATAL 1: Password authentication failed for user "account_dev" . in
C:\www\common\db.inc on line 49

I am using the same script which works on my linux box running different
versions of apache and php, but I know it works with the username/password
etc.

Can pg_connect handle encrypted passwords on win32?  Do I need apache 1.3.x
or is this a bug perhaps?

Cheers
Richard