Here is the code:

<?php
    $link = mysql_connect("xxx", "xxxxx", "xxxxx")
        or die("Could not connect: " . mysql_error());
    print ("Connected successfully");
    mysql_close($link);
?>

WhenI try to connect, I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) in /xxx/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/testdb.php on line 2
Could not connect: Access denied for user: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

I know the userid and password work because I can connect to the db via phpmyadmin, etc.
version
mysql 3.23.52
php 3

I have google searched and archived searched but I cannot find anything on this error.  We recently changed the password.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks