One thing to check is the time zone that you have set on the server and the client machines. I remembering reading about cookie duration issues before, but I forget exactly where the problem was.

There is a link between IE and Entourage/Outlook Express on the Mac. One thing I see as a problem is that quitting out of IE does not release the "session" cookies if Entourage or Outlook Express is open. You have to quit both program to clear session cookies. I haven't actually tested this in the very latest versions, but it worked this way under OS9.