Your clients can zip the folder, upload the zip file, and then you can on the server side use PclZip class to read the content

Kenn Murrah wrote:

Greetings.

I have a web site which permits my clients to upload a file via php4, and it
works great ... however, some clients have requested that they be able to
upload entire directories from their windows or macintosh computers ... that
is, to select the entire folder rather than doing one file at a time.

Is this possible?

And perhaps related: could a script be contructed to create an archive file
on the client side which, in turn, could be uploaded?  That would achieve
the same effect by allowing the client to create an archive with multiple
files.

I can't really see how that would be possible in PHP, but I'm hoping one of
you much more experienced folks could see a solution.

Thanks in advance.