I want to POST data to a server and get back an immediate response.
Independently, I want the action to cause the server to submit its own POST
request to another server.  I do not want the original POST to block while
waiting for the second POST to complete.

I recently read an article [1] that said that register_shutdown_function was
not capable of doing this (it causes the original request to block) and that
a new function called apache_register_shutdown_function would allow this.
Unfortunately, I don't see my host upgrading to 4.3.1 anytime soon (assuming
that the function is even in that version).

So are there any alternative methods?

---
Seairth Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]