Read this:

  http://www.php.net/features.commandline

> PHP can run as a script indeed.
>
> #!/usr/bin/php
>
> Do that like you would perl and then make it executable. Should work.

Yes, assuming that's the name and location of the
CLI or CGI PHP (and one exists).  Typing 'whereis php'
or 'which php' in bash should help.  Also, it might
be called something else so try names like php4 too.

> Note that any errors will be chucked back to the terminal in HTML.

Sometimes this is true, depends on the html_errors directive
which defaults to OFF in CLI.  CLI is the wave of the future,
CGI is so old school :)

Regards,
Philip