On Thursday 03 April 2003 09:33, Alberto Brea wrote:
> A question please:
> I have a login form on (PHP 4.3.1 and Apache 1.3.27). When I click inside
> the ID box, you can glimpse at some of the user IDs inside it for a
> fraction of a second (similar to a drop-down menu), which shows an
> unauthorized visitor some of the id values.
> Worst of all, when you enter your ID the password automatically fills in,
> giving free access to the unauthorized user.
> Does anybody know why this happens? Something in the php.ini or httpd.conf
> files perhaps?
> Thanks for any comment
>
> Alberto Brea

Yeah, this is a IE and newer Mozilla browser "feature". Nothing to do with
Apache or PHP.

You can turn it off in IE by doing Tools -> Internet Options -> Content tab
and then clicking on the "AutoComplete" button.

In Mozila, Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy&Security -> Forms and also Passwords
and uncheck the checkboxes.

Henrik

--
Henrik Hudson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"`If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now.'"
        --Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy