From: daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; daniel
Subject: RE: [PHP] excel 2 csv 2 mysql

ok i've built a class to acomplish this now

class Export_Excel {
        var $command
        function Export_Excel() {
                $this->command = "/www_tools/apache/catdoc/bin/xls2csv";
        }

        function xls2csv($path,$xls_file,$short_name) {
                $cmd = escapeshellcmd("$this->command -q 0 $path.$xls_file");
                $cmd .= " > $path.$short_name.csv";
                @exec($cmd,$stdout,$errocode);
                unlink("$path.$xls_file");
                if ($errorcode > 0) return $errocode;

and here is my db class function

function
insert_file($filename,$table,$col_terminator,$line_terminator,$cols=false,$o
pt
ions=false,$remove_file=false) {
                if ($options) $option = "OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '\"' LINES TERMINATED
BY
'\n'";
                $this->query("LOAD DATA INFILE '$filename' INTO TABLE $table FIELDS
TERMINATED BY '$col_terminator' $option $cols");
                if ($remove_files) unlink($filename);
        }

its just a quicky, twiddling thumbs today i just had to find out how to do
it
:D