At 00:40 04.04.2003, Mantas Kriauciunas said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>Hey
>I looked up in the manual but found only
>Disk_total_space
>Disk_free_space
>
>Is there anything like total_space for directory?
>Or I will have to think of something else?
>Like counting every file size and adding it to total.
>But if there is like 1000 files with directories in the main directory.
>It will take time to count files from all the directories and output
>total size of the main directory.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

In case you're on Linux, and may run externals, you could
    du -s . (prints kilobytes)
    du -s -b (prints bytes)

list($dusage, $dir) = explode(' ', `du -s -b .`);
echo sprintf('The current directory has %d kB (%d bytes)', $dusage / 1024,
$dusage);

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035