Van: Nathaniel Hekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Verzonden: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 9:39 PM
Aan: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Onderwerp: RE: [PHP] parsing html / xml (more)

Matt McClanahan wrote:
[...]
> You're not going to find an XML parser that allows for most HTML,
> because if such a parser did exist, it would be a broken XML parser. :)
[...]

Fair enough, and that's as I expected.  So that brings me to the second part
of my question:  is there any php library that allows parsing of html?

Perhaps I'll have to write one myself.  All I want really is something that
parses a bunch of text and calls handlers whenever tags are encountered.
Just like xml_parse, except I don't care if tags are out of order, I don't
care about case, and I don't care if there is a close tag for every open.
If anyone knows of a package that does this, please advise.  If anyone else
would be interested in this, let me know and I could post my code when I'm
done (if I have to do this myself).

Nate