At 00:27 31.05.2003, Martin Helie said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>yes, I am familiar with these concepts; I am just starting to experiment
>with recursive functions and static variables. Thanks for explaining that
>once the function is called and completed, the rest of the first call
>continues executing normally. That is what surprised me.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

Martin,

then you should be surprised that message based systems work at all - stuff
like XWin, and (yes ;->) even Windoze work exactly like this. Thanks heaven
that language inventors allow functions to continue after they call
others... Maybe you mixed this up with gotos, these never return. Thanks to
Andi Gutman and Zeev Suraski that there's no goto in PHP *smile*

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035
    ^     http://www.vogelsinger.at/