On Wednesday 04 Jun 2003 3:07 pm, Awlad Hussain wrote:
> Since you have used both systems, would you kindly share with us whats pro
> & cons of them both systems??
> I have used phpadsnew and like their user interface.. very neat.. not much
> sure about oasis.

oooh errr put on the sport...

Pros for PhpAdsNew:

Simple to install
Simpleish admin area.
Runs on anything that runs apache/php

Pros For Oasis

Very powerfull and intergrates great into our major website (which phpadsnew
didn't)
Fast as bits.
More features than phpadsnew (traffic shaping for one which is rather handy)
Pdf reports (Not sure if phpadsnew does that but I can't think of it.)
Can be set up to cluster so has the ablility to handle unlimited page views.
120+ page manual

Cons for Phpadsnew.

To simple...
Slows our system down due to the number of requests we were pushing to it. We
do 150-200 thousand page views a day but when running phpadsnew we had about
4 or 5 different advert loactions so it was producing about 1 million
requests a day for adverts.

Cons for Oasis.

Install not for the wary
Need root access
Has trouble with FreeBSD shared memory (Took our server down a few times so we
had to stop using it, we are now on linux and are busy installing it again)
120+ page manual

HTH

Cheers
John Wards