Well, first of all the fact that this solution works means it has nothing to do with
the output buffering setting, nor whether there's a session_write_close() in the
calling script (although that's good practice in this situation, and I'd probably
recommend doing it a bit earlier in the script -- certainly before emitting the

>From the fact that this does solve the problem, we can assume that (i) the session ID
>is being passed in the URL and not via a cookie, and (ii) the session.use_trans_sid
>URL rewriter isn't rewriting the URLs in the JavaScript call.  This would mean that
>the script called in the popup is seeing the session ID neither in the URL nor in a
>cookie -- i.e. not at all -- and hence the need to add the SID information manually.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]