>> We send SMS messages from Oracle, but the method could be used in php I
think. We use www.quios.com. They accept SMS messages as XML documents
which you simply post to their site using http. The response, also by http,
is an xml document. It is very easy to build your outgoing xml document,
and the response document is so simple in structure that you could probably
get by without an xml parser to interpret it.

>Does it cost anything?
>Do you need to be registered?

>Are there similar services?

Apologies for imprecise answers, the facility was arranged for us by another
department in our company.

Yes it does cost, but I don' t know how much. You do have to register. I suggest you
visit the site for further info. I don't specifically know of any similar sites, but
they must exist.

Euan Greig
Technical Consultant
BRANN DATA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
01285 645997

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted with
it, including replies and forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)
subsequently transmitted from the Company, are confidential and solely for
the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is
strictly prohibited.