Have you tried www.deltica.com ?

I haven't used them myself but am planning to in the near future - as soon
as I get the site finished.
You buy messages in blocks:
100 msgs £8.00
1,000 msgs £70.00
10,000 msgs £500.00

They also have a trial service where you get 4 free messages.
You don't appear to be able to receive text messages.

Regards

Simon.