Simplest way to fix this is to use the @ silence operator:

   @$_GET['action']

will return NULL if $_GET['action'] is undefined.

>  so
> that I dont
> have to change all of the web sites hosted on my server?? Thanks!

The only way to do that is to reduce the error reporting level to not include
E_NOTICE.  Ideally, you should run a development server which has error reporting set
to E_ALL, and only copy scripts to your production server once they produce no
messages at this level -- your production server can then run with a reduced error
reporting level (even down to none at all, if you feel confident about that ;).
Ideally, if your production server does run with no error reporting, you should have
error logging enabled as a safety net!

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]