Just a little nitpick here, but 4e4 is not hex but scientific notation
representing 40,000. 0x4e4 would be a hex value representing, ooooh, a
little over 1200 at a rough guess.

I'm pretty sure both of these have been suggested, but personally I'd go for
either a pattern match or something like:

    if ((string)($value+0)===$value)

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]