Hi List

I recently installed 4.3.1 and enabled the magic_quotes_gpc to deal with
quotes in mysql inserts.

However, I think I have run into a problem that might be related, and
was wondering if there is an easy way to fix it:

I have a script that gets user input from a drop-down, on the action
page I search a mysql table for the row matching the selection made
previously. What I do then is to extract the result of that "select *
from table where data = form_selection" and then to re-insert the data
into the table ; note, re-insert, NOT UPDATE ( the app cals for a new
row to be added with the updated data, so the "old" row stays intact and
a new row is added that contains some of the old row's data plus some
new stuff I add).

So, the new insert sql looks as per usual

insert into table (`var1`,`var2`,`var3`,`var4`,...) values
('$var1','$var2',....);

where $var1, $var2 etc is either "inherited" from the extract of the
first querie's result set, or overwritten with my newly generated
values. The problem now comes in with this:

If one or more of the extracted variables containes something like
" O'Healy " or something similar that causes trouble with the quotes in
the new INSERT sql, well, you see the problem...

And I don't want to have to go and addslashes to all my extracted
variables, because there really are a whole heap of them.

So, is there another php.ini setting that I'm missing to help me with
this, or maybe a function that will addslashes to all my extracted vars?

I'm lazy, shoot me!