Then why not just make it:

   $var = '$_'.$method;

(Forgive me if I've misunderstood and that's not what you mean!)

> And I have another question. Why does this code work?
>
> <?php
> echo '<pre>';
> print_r($_POST);
> $method = 'POST';
> $data = ${'_'.$method};
> echo '<pre>';
> print_r($data);
> ?>

H'mm, interesting -- that does seem to be in contradiction of the Warning I pointed
out before.  You're definitely using the variable variables trick to access a
superglobal!  Sorry, I'm stumped on this one... ;(

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]