----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Clarkstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:10 AM
Subject: [PHP] Please help can anyone figure whats wrong with this?

> if (!$logusername)
> echo "<html>
>
> <head>
>
> <title>$sitename -- Login --- Error</title>
> </head>

> Up<br>

> }

You're missing a starting bracket.

You know this was WAY too easy to find.  What kind of editor are you using
that would miss something this obvious?

On an unrelated note you can save yourself a lot of grief by separating your
logic and content.  In your case a page template with the look and feel of
the message page.

/** message_page.html  **/

/** index.php **/
if($login)
{
    $message = "Please enter your Username or Sign Up.";
    include("message_page.html");
}
else
{
    $message = "Thank you for login in.";
    include("message_page.html");
}

This is just a friendly suggestion.  I know most people don't like to be
preached to.  :)

HTH,
Kevin