PHP4: 4.3.2

Likewise, my intention is to restrict the user within
'/home/ahank/public_html' when using fopen(), but allow the user to use
include() on files in '/usr/local/share/wl'.  Here is my VirtualHost
config:

        php_admin_flag register_globals Off
        php_admin_flag safe_mode On
        php_admin_flag safe_mode_gid On
        php_admin_value include_path /usr/local/share/wl
        php_admin_value safe_mode_include_dir /usr/local/share/wl
        php_admin_value open_basedir /home/ahank/public_html

However, I get this error when loading a page which includes files in
this shared directory:

        Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
        File(/usr/local/share/wl/hahaha.php) is not
        within the allowed path(s): (/home/ahank/public_html) in
        /home/ahank/public_html/test.php on line 3

        Warning: main(hahaha.php): failed to open stream: Operation not
        permitted in /home/ahank/public_html/test.php on line 3

        Warning: main(): Failed opening 'hahaha.php' for
        inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/share/wl') in
        /home/ahank/public_html/test.php on line 3

It would seem that 'safe_mode_include_dir' has nothing to do with
'open_basedir'.  Is there an equivalent to 'open_basedir_include_dir'
which will allow one to only interpret files by way of
include/require?

- hank