That's exactly what you shouldn't do.  Most newsreaders, and some email
clients, are capable of tracking the thread no matter what you change the
subject to -- by replying to an existing thread with a new topic, people
usaing those clients see your new message in the middle of the old topic
thread.

If you're posting a new topic, do it with a completely new message.  (Why
not use your client's address book or nickname facility to give yourself an
easily-remembered alias for this list?)

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]