On 25 Jun 2003 at 16:42, Dan Joseph wrote:

>  Store that file outside the docroot.  That way there is no chance
>  they can
> get it from the web site.  I myself use an ini file that is no where
> near the docroot, and use parse_ini_file() to load the DB
> information in, and then I connect to it.  This method passed our
> security audit with flying colors.
>
>  A sample of what my ini file resembles is:
>
> [mysql_info]
> host = 192.168.1.1
> uid = username
> pwd = password
> dbn = database
>
>  They end up in a $INI array, and the fields are $INI['host'],
>  $INI['uid'],
> etc..  You can read more about that function @ www.php.net.

I am just beginning to use php and mysql together (I'm new to both).
I am having trouble getting this to work in what I think is a very
simple test.

I have created mysql.ini, and put it outside the docroot:
/myhome/mysql.ini. This file, in its entirety, is:

[mysql_info}
host=spore.org
uid=myuserid
passwd=mypassword

Then I created a webpage with nothing more than the following:

<?php
parse_ini_file("/home/revref/mysql.ini");
echo $INI;
?>

When I point my browser to that page, I am getting the following
error message:

Warning: Error parsing /home/revref/mysql.ini on line 4 in Unknown on
line 0

Help is greatly needed.

Doug