Hello,

I've read the archieves and saw other people being frustrated on the same
thing that I've been working on during the last couple of days.

As PHP cannot correctly get mx records on windows, I've decided to open a
socket to a name server and do the stuff manually with fputs&fgets. However,
I have no idea what I should say to the server and what to expect as a
reply. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what is (usually) the port
used.

So if anyone could help me by explaining things a bit or giving some URL's
to read I'd appreciate it awfully lot.

Sinc, Keijo

PS. I know the interaction with a name server is not PHP specific thingie,
but as this is a common problem with PHP, I think this could help some
others, too.