Hi Kristin
Yes, of course that is a possibility, and it would surely address the
problem of "resuming" at a later stage. I'm just rather worried at
managing these "broken" submissions. They might start one, then for some
reason don't finish, and forget about it altogether...

But, I think my biggest problem is the way the app is currently working.
To have to change it to incorporate user-id's etc, would be almost as
big a task as trying to get the PDF thing to work, and unfortunately I
can't give you ALL the details of the app ( classified stuff and too
large anyway ;) ), I don't think it would be possible to do this.
But with PDF thing, I forsee that it *could* be possible, since one
would only change the process in one place, namely the form submit, iow,
I would "break" the process there, relay the process via another (PDF?)
route and re-connect at the submit phase. The coding would be difficult,
but the process to the user would seem to be identical, which it
probably wouldn't if I change the system to incorporate user-id's (and
possibly extra interfaces to view partial forms for a specific user)...
sound just too complicated atm (but don't get me wrong, I'm listening!
as I said in a previous comment, I'm not shooting down any ideas, I'm
just more biased towards ANYTHING that might help me out without
breaking the current process flow of the app...

Thanks again for the input, please continue!