My strings are getting cut off when I pass to destination web page

Example:

Assign variable from database
$subcategory = mysql_result($result,$i,"subcategory");

Variable $subcategory  is assigned "Graphic Editors" from database
(notice two words)

Next I make a link and pass the variables to new page when person clicks
link
<? echo "<a
href='addupdate.php?category=$category&subcategory=$subcategory

New page appears
The value of $subcategory is:  Graphic     It cut off everything after
Graphic, How do I fix that?