> Hi, again!!

I thought I saw this post once already.

> I'm looking for opinions as to which is better/faster, print or heredoc.

Well, like the guy said before, it sounds like you've
pretty much already made up your mind.

I don't use heredocs everywhere, but when I have a fairly large block of
html with a small number of straight variable substitutions (no
conditionals, etc.), I sometimes find heredocs to be convenient, and a
lot easier to read in the source.

<reformatted style="wrapped">
> print makes the code layout look nice

Well, one of the purposes of a heredoc is to get the code out of the
content, yielding a cleaner, more readable layout. If that's not what
you're getting, you probably don't want to use heredocs.

> and eazy to debug,

If there's something you need to debug, heredocs are possibly not
indicated.

> where heredoc
> IS faster but makes the code look like a nightmare with everything
> jammed against the left side of the code.

Not sure what you're saying. When I use heredocs, that is not the result,
by any stretch of the imagination. (Well, I'm not sure about the speed
business.)

> I'm pretty picky about what looks good and heredoc is a nightmare of
> horrors...
</reformatted>

If that's the results you're getting, I'd say heredoc is probably not
appropriate for what you're trying to do.

--
Joel Rees, programmer, Kansai Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan