From: RIVES Sergio SOFRECOM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 12:44 AM
To: phplist
Subject: [PHP] (pas d'objet)

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt, an existential question on the PHP... Yesterday I had an
entrevue for a job and I was quite surprised by the technical director
that told me that he prefers coding PL/SQL subroutines better than in
PHP embedding. The Oracle database on which he works is about 100 Go.
The application is on a web server. It is like a startup structure.
I told him that I prefer doing all the things I can do with PHP better
than in PL/SQL. He told me that all treatments couldn't be done in PHP
because of the size of the database and memory limitation.
I am writing you this mail to know your point of view on that point if
you have time to answer me. What would be then the limit of the PHP
coding ? For such a database what would be the right parametrization of
the PHP.ini ? is there only a right parametrization for such database ?
Does anyone have some information on that limitation of the PHP ? any
article ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and time.

Sergio