Because it is desirable to create many small tables over one very large
table I usually allow PHP to create dynamic tables.  For instance, you
could have a table called polls, and use the row id to create a unique
table:

<?php
$query = "CREATE TABLE poll_number_{$poll_id]} ( " . /*insert values

// note: i don't have time to write out a full example...this is
// pseudocode, and definitely /not/ cut and pastable
?>

-Dan