hello

if this is really a silly problem dont blame me, i'm a newbie in php (but i'm
experienced in c++ a bit :-)
well, imagine i want to write a content of some text file word by word. example will
be more understandable
than my english:
let file.txt consists:
lenin lives
forever
i want my php script to write to the screen:
lenin
lives
forever
I tried to manage this using fscanf function. i expected it works same as in c, but it
looks it doesnt. consider
the code:
while (fscanf($file,"%s",$buffer)==1)
{
        echo $buffer,"<br>";
}
the result:
lenin
forever
just like fscanf moved the file pointer to the next line after reading "lenin". i dont
know whats up... why "lives"
disappeared??? i know i can try using fgets and then split the string, but i want to
know why fscanf doesnt
work... :-)
could anyone explain me this phenomena?

best regards,