You don't realy need it. Session garbage colector removes old session files for you.

Nagib Abi Fadel wrote:

HI,

I'm storing the sessions ids in a database table. I
want to run a script that reads from the table every
session id and check if this session is active or not.

I know that session information is stored in a
directory (/tmp by default) and removed from there
when the session is closed. But if the user close his
browser without deconnecting from the session the
session file is still in the /tmp directory.

How can i know if a session is still active or not !!
???

I have searched the session functions and didn't find
anything that could help....

Thx for any Help

N.