> Well here is some more information so you can understand what I am
> trying to do:
>
> I need to display their username in html/php document. This document has
> a form which they fill out. It is to stop people changing who they are
> when they fill out the form (for example joe bloggs filling out a
> timesheet for Melinda messenger - hey it cud happen ;)).
>
> So, by grabbing the username of their NT logon or Firewall access I can
> control this.

Your web server needs to be IIS in order to get this. Is that the case?

If so, disable anonymous browsing. That may be all you have to do. Now,
access to the webroot, even though HTTP will require a valid user on your NT
domain. You can adjust the security settings of the webroot folder to allow
specific people or groups, also.

Now, $_SERVER['LOGON_USER'] will be set with the username of the person.

---John Holmes...