On Sunday 11 March 2001 23:44, you wrote:
> >> Well, I'm having problems again.  This time with string replacement.
> >> I'd like people to be able to write notes on one of the site's I'm
> >> helping with, and would like them to be able to use Bold, Italic,
> >> Underline and <a href> tags.  I tried using striptags(); but that
> >> would strip anything within double quotes too.  So I've gotten
> >> around it by
> >
> > huh? strip_tags works fine for me.
> >
> > echo strip_tags ('Hello <a href="http://foo/">bar</a>
> >
> > creates

> True, but then it doesn't:
> -Open the link in a new window

??
You have some tag like
and strip_tags() transforms this to
?

Or what do you mean with that?

> it does:
> -remove all content between "and".

No. Just plain no. See my example above. The stuff in quotes was kept
without any problems.

> Of course, I could replace quote marks with htmlspecialchars/entities
> or using manual string replacement, but then it'd render all tags using
> quote marks invalid.
>
> See the problem? ;)

No ;)
Perhaps if you could provide some example code...

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Error 032: Recursion error - see error 032