This isn't necessarily PHP specific, but I'm looking for more information on
HTTP headers.  I'd like to know what headers I should send and why.  I want
my code to send out w3c compliant HTML.  I'm confused on exactly what
headers do, and the difference between HTTP headers and information
contained within the <HEAD> tag.  Multiple google searches have gotten me
only more confused.  Someone please send me in the right direction :)

on an a possible similar note, I have a domain name www.mydom1.com  and when
the user goes to it, I want it so say www.mydom.com in the browser address
bar.  Can I do this by sending certain headers? (I have both domains
pointing to the same server) ... should/could I do something like this
through PHP or is there something I can set in Apache to do the same thing?

Simply confused,
- Anthony