Hello,

This is a reply to an e-mail that you wrote on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 at 20:03,
lines prefixed by '>' were originally written by you.
> How can I evaluate a var that is from a text field of a database?
> Example:
> MySQL field `name` = hi my name is $name
> In my script I have:
> $name = "Shawn";
> After fetching a query result as an associative array I have the
> contents of
> the `name` field in $data
> If I echo $data I get:  hi my name is $name
> I would like to get:  hi my name is Shawn

Use eval($data)

See http://uk.php.net/eval for more info.

All the best,

David.

--
phpmachine :: The quick and easy to use service providing you with
professionally developed PHP scripts :: http://www.phpmachine.com/

          Professional Web Development by David Nicholson
                    http://www.djnicholson.com/

    QuizSender.com - How well do your friends actually know you?
                     http://www.quizsender.com/
                    (developed entirely in PHP)