> > http://www.php.net/pack
>
> A little background on what Im doing.  Im attempting to read realaudio
> files for their metadata, so Im reading from a binary string,
> and Im currently using unpack() (Im new to using this function, so I may
> be wrong with its usage) to unpack the data, along with ord(),
> and the result is something like what I posted before -> 0 0 0 18  (I
> put the spaces in there so we know that each number is a byte)
> So Im not exactly sure how the pack() function would play a role in this.

Just in case you're still groggy when you wake up this morning, the page
for pack() lists an 'N' format for unsigned long big endian byte order
for pack() and unpack(). I think what you probably want to do most is
use the 'N' format when you unpack.

(The other responses were amusing, was it a full moon last night? ;-))

--
Joel Rees, permanently jetlagged programmer, Kansai Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan