Thanks to all those who responded, as always, spelling is key. Where I had -Type: text/html ... it should have read Content-Type : text/html ...

So it works for now, and hopefully will continue to. I know that there are a number of email programs out there that do not support HTML mail, as well I know there are a great many of individuals who do not enjoy it either. We're just running a trial base here to see what works, if it turns out that the majority of our customers do not enjoy it, then we'll switch to plain text (actually built the plain-text one first, this is just an add-on)